Thursday, February 21, 2008

Now and Then......

Today is my profs birthday....he didnt come to the dept because of some throat allergy (actually he is not for the last two days).....so our secretary got this idea of sending him a birthday cum get well soon card with a group photograph from us....felt very nostalgic and dejective...we are just 9 in the picture....three of those are here just for few weeks....four other main colleagues apart from prof are not thr for the pic....there are so many changes....

Hmmm five years......brings lot of changes in a group....in a person...so many experiences...good times, bad times...happy days, sad days....lot of people, lectures, practicals, lab work, outings, pHD defences, group meetings, get togethers, christmas parties, B´day parties, new borns, demise :(, resignations, new intakes, diplom thesis, master lab rotations, project students, lot of funds, no funds, projects ending, new projects approved, new jobs, job loss, prof´s retirement nearing, people left....group getting thinner...

Yaa true its been almost five years I am working in this group "AG Blohm" (working group Prof.Dietmar Blohm, Dept. of Biotechnology & Molecular genetics)......I was sure I will write this post some day....but dint know it would come so fast....couldnt resist to write it today....as a masters student I started coming to this dept as a student helper, then did one of my lab rotations, my master thesis and then pHD position....five long years...I feel so much attached to this department now....its my home away from home...I know each and every corner of this place....everything seems to be my own....and one day I have to leave this place :(:(:(....dont want to even imagine that moment...

Want to write a lot but I am not getting any words....I cant anymore....so for now will stop this and continue later....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Prof. Blohm.....Many many more happy returns of the day :)

"Riding on the dreams I once knew
I can’t believe it’s been oh so long
Though it seems just like the other day
Folks I knew back then are long gone.....

No comments: