Monday, February 04, 2008

Back in 2006 when I started this blog I named it as Great Expectations....I dont know why I called it so...I dont remember what my intention was in giving this heading to my blog...anyways it doesnt seem to fit to what I am gonna post here now...have to find a good appropriate name...hmmmm will think over and change it soon....

Today, Gave a report to Prof about the conference I attended last week. He seemed quite happy with my report though I wrote it in a very general sense..no details at all...coz I myself didnt understand most of the presentations as they are more related to medical research (all kinds of cancer, multiple sclerosis, stem cells etc etc..) sounds very interesting though....it was hard to follow the in depth research. I found the poster session more interesting....you can take as much time as you want to understand the concept and very friendly presenters are always around to explain the things to you....
Hmmm coming to the thesis documentation its been three weeks prof asked me to submit a brief report about the work done so that we can find the gaps and decide upon the lab work still to be done and the material needed for the thesis writing.....its too hard to put two years of work into one short report...I am going mad thinking of what to mention and what not....finally made up my mind to start with the table of contents and then expand each section. Even that is not as easy as I thought but am trying to bring out some senseful material.
In the meanwhile Prof already asked why I am taking such a long time to write this. He offered to correct it at what ever stage it is right now either by mail or sit together and go through the details. I tried to send an email but actually its too hard to explain every single detail as the report right now is very haphazard. So went and asked him if he has time to sit down with me and go through the results.
And he said that he meant to push me in doing it by offering the correction, but as it is my own thesis and I am responsible he asked me to go through it many times and decide for myself what to keep and what not (If I can do this why will I take so much time....) and then he will see if he can find some time tomorrow or the day after to sit with me.

Hmmmmmm
kya socha tha, aur kya paya hai. mere gum ka sathi bhi koi nahi.........
Time to get back and put the things in order.

Day went on trying to figure out the design of the document, some blog reading, some google chatting, some browsing....seems like I am spending too much time on these other stuff...have to cut down this...its high time now.....

Eeee PhD entoo....eee thesis raayatam entoo....ee short reports entoo.....ee corrections entoo...eppatikoo veetanniti nundi vimukthi...

No comments: