Thursday, February 21, 2008

Budaga!!!

Moti, fatty, bondam, bajji, pandi, drum, pumpkin, etc etc...are the pet names i am given by my very very close dear loving caring and pampering family members and friends :D:D:D.....for no reason I used to feel very proud of these names and thought they love me so much to call me with names....:D:D:D
How stupid am I??...I dont say that once upon a time I am skinny but I wasn´t obese either...in all my schooling, college and until 2005 that is the year I finished my masters degree in germany...I was in quite a good shape...seriously.....until december 2004....it all started when I was at home after two long years for a long break of three months....guess how I ate (tindi deyyam pattina pisachi :):):)).....the first month I was roaming around....but the later two months all I did was eat, sleep, watch movies...amma was making all my favourites...ofcourse poor daughter is home after two years....love is blind is hence proved as she could barely notice that I am on an eating spree :):):) (meri maa khana banaathi gayi aur main khathee gayi :D...nateejaaa???)....I put on six kilos in three months....I left India with my aunts comment (tomorrow´s news headline: videsaalaku payanamayina srujana...rashtramlo perigina kolla sankhya)...I came back to my routine to start with my pHD.....but not back to my form...that weight I puton at home kept on increasing and I turned up into the (hatte khatte khathe peethe kandaan ki tandurusth ladki) so called drum.....tammsess started making fun of me.....actually i never bothered about it somehow coz I never wanted to be skinny or slim....and I used to laugh it off.....with my stupid logic of chubby women look more powerful..(nonsense and crap this is :) I know..but still...).

Slowly the number of comments on my avataar got increasing....here are some funny stories
One of my masters classmate (J a fat chinese lady) and my colleague in the department now joins us (me and my lunchmate A) for lunch sometimes in the social room...she looks at my lunch box...she starts with.... you eat so much rice and you are not at all fat....I eat very little but still I am fat....showing off all my modesty I say No J I am not thin (with a formal smile :)...lopala lopala anandamee).....with this she becomes so happy and laughs loudly...ya srujana you have become fat now.....she turns to all others sitting in the social room saying...when srujana was doing masters she was very thin.....she started pHD she became fat...HAHHAAHA (with her hand gestures)...everyone started laughing hesitantly ....chaaa thats such an embarassing situation....I murmur to A "eevidakento badha naa tindi naa ishtam..nenu laavayithe eevida kentantaa...anavasrangaa eevida mundara tintu book ayipoyaam :X:X:X...paruvu teesesindi andariloo". The same comment from J repeated until everyone in the department knows it by heart and I started confirming twice before having lunch that by no chance J will be coming around.

Tamms is called budugu at home...and one day nanna confirmed that I am no less cheeli to him and wanted to give me a name similar to budugu...."budigee" I was all shy(siggutho moggayi poyanu)...hehehe...tamms dint know this
Nanna with tamms on phone: Budugu akkai ki kotha peru pettamu (found a new name for sis)
tamms: entadi (what name?)
Nanna: guess cheyyi nee peru lantidee hehehe (Guess... its sounds like yours)
tamms: ee peru lantidi (which one of mine?)
Nanna: budugu lantidi (like budugu)
tamms: BUDAGAAA!!! (balloon!!!)
Nanna dropped the headphone and laughed that the resound reached germany....:X:X:X:X:X I was all red with anger and tamms all proud with his super creativity continued calling me so (budaga laaga round ga untaavuga akkai..is his explanation)

J doesnt want me to live in peace...one fine morning I am taking coffee in the social room..J came in
J: what are you drinking?
Me: coffee..
J: I drink plain warm water (from her never washed container)..may be I also have to drink coffee...I read an article recently saying that drinking coffee will reduce fat in the body...
Me: (What nonsense)...No J thats not true....I drink a lot of coffee and still I am not thin
J: laughing (dont understand what was funny in that)....you drink one cup coffee and eat a big box of rice...how will you reduce
Me: AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I ran out of the room and banged my head on the table)

With all these and many more coming up I started feeling conscious and wanted to exercise....got a brilliant idea of starting to practise kuchipudi.....(which was left while leaving school)...immediately started browsing all the possible kuchipudi videos on the net and downloaded them...ordered and got a dance DVD all the way from USA...AND.....determined to practice every weekend...one nice saturday I started off to the greatest dismay of the guy living in the next room....it was no less horrifying to him than an earth quake hitting 10.0 on rector scale.....that was an one day show!!!!!

Semesters passed...did aerobics for a while...and I am still fat...tamms and I decided to join in gym...excited by the idea all the guys in the hostel also joined the uni gym...we became a big indian batch over there....obviously we used to exercise for 5min and chat for 15min...hehehhe...continued doing this for about 6 weeks I suppose....uuhhuuu no change at all...

started eating chapathis at night...no change (okati araa tinte labham...nalugu ayidu kaadu kadaa)....

Completely depressed and disappointed by the failure of all my genuine attempts to reduce weight I gave up more trials and started worrying with my icecreams, chocolates, chips and ofcourse rice :):):)

I couldnt stop myself to write all this after seeing the difference in the pictures I added for the previous post.....me at the start of masters and me at the end of pHD....NOW AND THEN :):):)
(as monica (FRIENDS) says .....the camera thats used seems to have added 10 pounds on to me ;););))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In simple words "AATHRAM". Get rid of it and u will b alright :)

Srujana said...

Well!!.. you know me...I dont have the resist food gene in my body....:)