Monday, February 25, 2008

If time is money.................

Ya if time is money then yesterday I had spent almost 16x60=57600 bucks....some 1.2441619784 picocents for lazyness, lousyness, day dreaming and boredom....ya right that was my day y´day...I was able to feel the milli, micro, nano and pico seconds of the time just sitting on the chair before my laptop...[sick]
Wokeup very late at about 10:00 am with an idea of writing atleast some parts of my report....but before doing that wanted to check my mail and opened the browser...net connection was too slow and had to hit a site thrice to get it opened and even at that speed I just couldnt resist to open some regular news sites, movies sites and got struck to them for about an hour...each one of the page took ages to open and there I sat just gazing at the screen....the idea of opening my report and writing dint strike me at all......I was cold like ice..no thoughts going on in brain...no activity in the body...I became a statue just looking no where (soonyam loki choosthu...)...then found some interesting videos on youtube and wanted to download them...as the net connection was competing with my mood...it refused to download or even open the files....Hmmmm
After sometime to revive myself from that mood wanted to go and wakeup tamms and at the same time try to download the videos from his laptop...so went to his room...he already got up and so I sat before his laptop opening the videos to download....they got downloaded...sat there for sometime just looking at the new video editing stuff discovered by my techie tamms (sarva kala sarvavasthalayandunu, ellavelalanu computer tho aadukuni andulo mayamarachipoye vyakthi naaku telisi veedu okkade).....got bored sitting there....so asked tamms to come over to my room and I left his....went back and again sat on my chair again hitting the webpages more than thrice to open....I was patient enough I suppose or had nothing else to do...tamms came over after sometime and sat with his laptop.....he also started browsing something...searched and watched some Bruce springsteen videos....got bored again...asked tamms if he wants to eat something so that i get a diversion by cooking (though I didnt have any mood to cook)...he said no..so i am still seated on my chair.....
This continued till evening....we didnt eat..we dint move .....we dint talk much...we dint study....we dint even watch a movie (we watch atleast one every sunday)...we just sat hypnotised, stoned, staring at the hazy screens of our own laptops....I kept on searching and trying to open and download some videos with the least of the interests..(not even one was done)...got a phone call from nanna...we were the most indifferent to all the scoldings for not eating...we stayed glued to our places and our laptops until 8:00 pm....
By then a little bit of the brain started poking to getup and do something...mobilized by that got up and cooked something....oiled my hair and got a hot shower....though physically refreshed my brain still seemed to be in the same condition...watched few episodes of Everybody loves Raymond...an unfruitful attempt to revitalize my brain :(:(:(....losing the last traces of my brain activity.....just dropped on bed hoping for a productive and fruitful tomorrow :)

Why somedays are like this????????????????
Anyways got up very early today as my soul felt completely ashamed to have wasted a full day...came to the uni and right away started with my document :)

Here are some excerpts from the song by Bruce springsteen....a very good one....somehow related to yesterday´s mood

Dancing In The Dark
I get up in the evening
and I ain't got nothing to say
I come home in the morning
I go to bed feeling the same way
I ain't nothing but tired
Man I'm just tired and bored with myself
Hey there baby, I could use just a little help

Message keeps getting clearer
radio's on and I'm moving 'round the place
I check my look in the mirror
I wanna change my clothes, my hair, my face
Man I ain't getting nowhere
I'm just living in a dump like this
There's something happening somewhere
baby I just know that there is

You sit around getting older
there's a joke here somewhere and it's on me
I'll shake this world off my shoulders
come on baby this laugh's on me

Stay on the streets of this town
and they'll be carving you up alright
They say you gotta stay hungry
hey baby I'm just about starving tonight
I'm dying for some action
I'm sick of sitting 'round here

You can't start a fire sitting 'round crying over a broken heart
This gun's for hire
Even if we're just dancing in the dark
You can't start a fire worrying about your little world falling apart
This gun's for hire
Even if we're just dancing in the dark
Hey baby

Lyrics courtesy: http://www.brucespringsteen.net/songs/DancingInTheDark.html
Video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bbm3CgTptSo (apparently Monica of FRIENDS (Courteney cox) was first spotted with this video....she was a random pick on to the stage by Bruce to dance with him :)....lucky Monica...ain´t she)
Image from: http://www.wpclipart.com/cartoon/boredom.png

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A long story of not doing anything!!!
As i said, all the required elements are inside, except sound effect...
:)

Srujana said...

It implies....idle day...long post!!!!!!