Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Welcome to the world of PhDs

Keerthi´s comment (a simple alternative to my complex war against cold) in my previous post reminded me a funny story that happened sometime ago in august 2005.
Those are the early days of my PhD. I share the office (so called luxurious PhD students room...as we can drink coffee and eat chocolates sitting in our place...away from the lab:D:D:D) with three more..you guessed it right...PhD students :):). Anyways on one fine day I had an appointment to see a flat at around 4´o clock in the afternoon. I got late by 10 min stuck in the lab...hurriedly packed and rushed to the tram stop..got into the first one....searched for my handy to call P who will be waiting for me to accompany me to the flat. Searched my jacket also... AYYILAA :O:O:O I left it on the office table. Hmmm...I got down at the stop, P just shot at me "Where is your handy????? I gave some million rings to it" eee eerrr I forgot in the office....hesitant hehehehehe....

Next day I reached office early, looked for my handy immediately...oh no!!! its not there on the table....I looked around the room...its not there :(:(:(..after a while when Iam searching the cupboards S came in followed by R (very techie very talented intelligent colleagues of mine)

me: guys did you see my handy...I left it here y´day
S and R together: Hmm yaa (ya we know kind of frowny head nod)...did you look under your table????
me: Whattt....under the table??? Hmm noo!!!! I looked down and saw a big thermacoal box
N came in meanwhile...three of them looking at me and said...take it out...its there...inside..me puzzled, hesitant surprised what not put the box on the table and opened it.....and

Its full of small thermacoal packing pieces....removed some from the top..nothing seen.....emptied almost half of the box......found a couple of air filled plastic bags...removed them.....there is a folded kitchen cloth napkin....unfolded it...there are a dozen of layered green paper tissues....removed them....there is a small card board box....opened it....there is a bubble wrap.....moved it aside and finally therrreeee it is MY HANDY all packed with a tape in a plastic cover....sitting there burried in the bed of thermacoal chips......

Guess why???? previous day my handy was ringing loud...(P´s call, its not set to silent)...S and N in the room heard it for 5 min.....its still ringing...couldnt bear the sound....S put it in my desk drawer...its still ringing...still loud....heard it for 5 more mins and it was unbearable...they wanted to avoid that sound....N went into the lab..consulted R on the issue...and there they go studying the mechanics of sound proofing....N brought the box with chips....R brought the rest of the layers....S packed it and kept it in....the box was left under the table to eradicate the faint sound still heard if it is on the table...(my then existing saneness wondered..why dint they switch it off or answered it once????)...missed taking a picture of that :):):)...

WELCOME TO OUR CRAZY WORLD OF PhD!!!!!!

Arre Diwanoo, Humein Pehchanoo
Kaha Se aaye, hum hain kaun
Hum hai kaun, hum hai kaaaaun????
PHD PHD PHD PHD
Hum
Hain Hum Hain Hum Hain Pagal Hai Diwanoo
(
Psychologically Heavily Distressed)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this story...
it sounds like a scene of God must be crazy...

Apple said...

hehehe...very hilarious..ekkuva chadivesthe ilaane complicatedga alochisthaaremo...

Apple said...

hehehe...very hilarious..ekkuva chadivesthe ilaane complicatedga alochisthaaremo...

Srujana said...

Hammayyaaaa atleast okkaranna ardham chesukunnaru memu ekkuva chedivestunnamani..thanks keerthi :):):)

Satish Bolla said...

very funny. but keerthi edho mohamaataaniki ala anestundhi le... ;)

Srujana said...

Satish keerthi comments tho balloon laaga ubbipoyi unna...okka maatatho galantha teesesaavugaa :(