Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Cut off!!! (voip connections suck)

Past four days had been Easter holidays and I was literally cut off from the external world....I did not update my blog....I did not check my regular sites.....I did not read any news.....I dint even check my mails properly as I normally do....god only knows the reason...may be sometimes you just feel like getting away from the routine and do something different....
But important mention here is that I was also cut off from phone calls to and fro to India and this is not something I wanted...It was so frustrating and I was irritated so much with the net based VoiP calling service that I am writing this post to warn all the people who are using this service.

I shifted to VOIP calling from the calling cards mode about two year ago (after all my friends certified that its a very cheap and the best service, kathi chaku pandaga cheyyochu lanti padaalu kooda vaadarulee).....all the voip services are provided by a company called Betamaxx.....the shifting occured as it was quite cheap to call to India (with a initial deposit of 10 € , 5cent per min was very cheap in those days) and also very convenient for our family to call us directly from the computer when ever they feel like (actually its a free call to germany if you have a installed application with a broadband connection). This service started with a single application (voipbuster) which was quite good and within a couple of months a new one was started (voipcheap) with cheaper tariff......so I opened an account even there buying credit.....this did not end and new applications were launched periodically with very different offers and different kind of cheaper rates.....Now as I wanted to use the service to its best...I opened an account in every new cheaper application with 10€ credit, instead of refilling the empty credit of the previous one.....
This way I created atleast 6 or 7 accounts in different applications from the same company. I used up the credit and the free days in most of them and in the past few months I had three very active applications.(voipcheap, justvoip, nonoh). Initially there was a problem with the username....i was short of names (different applications doesnt accept the same username even though they belong to the same company)...And slowly a new condition was put forward that one cant use the same payment mode for different applications (though all the money however paid goes into the same account...vaadi badhentoo ardham kaadu asalu)...what does he expect??....if we get an account, we have to stick to it and keep on putting our money into it even though we see an another cheaper one...How nonsensical is that??? (then why should they release so many applications??? I dont understand their strategy at all....cheap ani release cheyyatam enduku...kaani account kudaradu anatam enduku....anni mail accounts, usernames, payment methods evariki untaayi)

But having atleast three options......I finally ended up with three accounts in three different applications with three different kinds of payment (Bank transfer, Paypal, Credit card)...(manaki kakkurthi kadaa cheap calling system edante akkada vaalipotamee...bellam meeda eegallaga :D)
Did´nt predict the "In front crocodile festival"......Life was happy with early morning wakeup calls, daily evening blabbers with amma and nanna and anytime call to India......until last friday when suddenly all the three accounts froze and stopped connecting...they are dead there was no movement even after long trials...three accounts of mine and three of tamms all are gone with the credits added into them....we were shocked and dint know what to do......later one of our friends J informed that he experienced the same with his accounts and he did not get any asisstance or remittance from the customer service.

I couldnt even open a new account as I used up all the possible payment methods (I wonder...isn´t this a loss to the provider..if he restricts to one payment mode for one application???? naa lanti privileged customer ni pogottukuntunnadu)....anyhow even if he allows and I create a new one there is no guarantee that it wont be closed......hmmm i couldnt even get back to calling cards as its been really really long since I used them....soo spent the whole holiday with no elaborate calls from and to India...:(....

VOIP users beware...accounts can be closed any minute without any notice....

Apart from that weekend was quite nice....
A and J from Nurnberg came visiting us for the holidays and donno how time rolled off with lots of fun and loads of food......its true I did nothing in the holidays except relaxing and enjoying the leisure to its best....(yaa managed to do some thesis writing though...on saturday when the guys had their day out).
To my great pleasure I received very nice message in the fortune cookies we had yesterday in the chinese restaurant after lunch....I opened two of them and they say
"YOU ARE ON YOUR TRACK TO STARTING SOMETHING NEW"
"GRASP OPPURTUNITIES TO CREATE FUTURE"
hehehe...Actually all of us got nice messages.....(otherwise the restaurant will not get the bills paid..was A´s comment :))...MAY BE!!....but they made me really happy and boosted some energy into me to stay focussed....

With that I wish everyone a very nice week ahead!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Apple said...

Oh dear :(....I never used VOIP, but many friends say it's very cheap and reliable...I neither use calling cards...we'll be charged 2p/min by our mobile service provider..hastlefree kadaa ani deenike alavatupadipoyaamu

Srujana said...

Telivayina pani chestunnav keerthi....I am thinking the same right now to get back to the good old system....but india nundi cheyyaleru kada ade badha..voip tho ayithe roju maatladukunevallam gantalu gantalu :(:(...ademo intha daarunanga haaath ichesindi...