Monday, March 17, 2008

Procrastination at its BEST

Past two days I was doing everything except thesis writing...it was as if I completely forgot about it.....friday night tired by the day slept early thinking of waking up soon and writing (I slept very hard that night...was awake with closed eyes for long time....there was a fight within....one of me urging to get up and write as I was awake...and the other forcing me to sleep and get rest) ...saturday morning ofcourse I wokeup early but didn´t have any mood for writing....to warm up checked all the mails and all the blogs for updates....its almost noon by then....postponed the idea of writing for after lunch...had lunch...feeling very drowsy my mind wasnt ready for any kind of thinking.....started reading the new books I got from India talloofying the writing to the evening....its almost evening and remembered the weekly grocery shopping....so went shopping moving the writing to night slot......met couple of friends in the market and was there till night...came back, had dinner and then had a great idea of taking pictures and writing a post in my blog before thesis writing....after the post is ready I went through it a hundred times....being very much inclined for story reading....I hit the sack with the book deciding to write afresh early sunday morning and not waste any time....
Sunday morning´s alarm at 6.00am went snoozing for some hundred times and I wokeup only with the arrival of the big luggage from India....spent the next hours arranging the things...had a great heavy lunch resulting in a very sound afternoon nap.....lazily wokeup in the evening and obviously I didnt even think or have a chance of postponing as all the senses and powers inside me went numb, hated, abused, embarrassed, ashamed and the peak of procrastination was reached when I wanted to find solace in watching a movie before sleep to get refreshed for a new week ahead. :(:(:( IAM SICK!!!!
The tension is growing on me right now, my senses are feeling restless, my nerves are shaking vigorously at the idea of the spent weekend, the blood pressure is raising rapidly at the thought of Prof´s question "HOW FAR HAVE YOU COME?", blood vessels in the brain are at the verge of exploding thinking about the two main chapters I still have to complete.
HOW DID I DO THIS??? HOW COULD I DO THIS??? WHY EVERYTHING ELSE ATTRACTS ME EXCEPT WRITING????
Please help me with ideas to get over this :(:(:(

P.S: I went through my previous weekend posts and they are not any different...all of them are filled with lazyness and procrastination...I am starting to hate weekends...I dont want any of them anymore :X:X:X:X

4 comments:

Apple said...

Nee work load sangathi naaku theleedu kanee if I were you, I wouldn't opt to do any sort of profession related work during the weekends..weekends are purely for Masti according to my senses...but on weekdays I work like a donkey to have a relaxing weekend...

Chavukuneppudu kooda mostly ilaane chesedanni...atleast 2 dayslo okka rojayina I'ld keep myself away from all my course work..

May be India nundi books, letters, food etc etc ravatam tho aa thoughts tho occupy ayi vundi vuntaavu...don't worry...

Anonymous said...

Hahah...this is funny.But tell you what...it is quite common to procrastinate in the face of urgent tasks.I do that so often.But i have also noticed that most of the times, the following days are quite fruitful.Agree with apple--dont torment yourself with despair.
Loved your picture (with the saying on it)
-NA

Srujana said...

Keerthi I used to do the same before..kaani ippudu thesis writing kadaa..koncham pressure ekkuvaga undi...moreover I set my own deadlines and avi cheyyanappudu pichcha kopam vachestundi...andukee aa frustration lo raasesaa :):) ippudu fine..

Hi NA thanks a lot for the nice message....and I completely agree with you that the following days are very fruitful :) as y´day was a very satisfying day at work :)
Glad that you liked the picture...its not mine its from the website mentioned on it...it has quite good posters :)

Satyadeep said...

enti akkkaai blog raayatam koooda badhakam aaa. pani cheyyataniki elaagu badhakam. idanna tinnaga rasthunnavante malli indulo kooda badhakamaa. chaa chaa chaaa