Friday, April 04, 2008

Contrast!!!!!

Its been a while I stepped into my blogsphere.....hmmmm.....been a bit occupied these days with mine and the students work.....I dropped in today as I had to share this and let out my agony somehow somewhere...

I came to the second most difficult part of my thesis...INTRODUCTION....god only knows how I am writing it...this is one part which I am not at all good at. Writing materials & methods I used in my work and the results I got... is very much easy as I know almost everything about my work...why I did the experiment..what happened in it..and what came out....how to interpret them. Though not easy as it sounds to keep it in words, I could write those parts uninterruptedly....somehow there was a continuous flow of ideas to put one after the other.....the order cameup involutarily

BUT....

now the Introduction....it should contain a combined compiled review of all the literature published in the field which in principle drove me to the aim of my thesis. The definition itself sounds very boring isn´t it :(..sadly it is the most important and unavoidable section...imagine my trauma in reading all those relevant papers (though I read a lot of them from the beginning of my work dated june 2005.....I had to read them again)....to check if they fit in to my story now.....and how to quote them, where and when along with the citations...baaaaap reyy it is hell lot of work.....the more papers you read the more crazy you go as all the different views keep dancing in your brain (alanti ilanti dance kaadu ekanga BREAK, ROCK, HIP HOP DANCE lu kalipi chestunnayi). This writing is taking a very very long time as getting a clear picture of the whole scenario you want to build towards your aim takes a while to figure out.....I hardly find words to fill up and completing a single sentence is taking ages......how am I gonna finish writing paragraphs and chapters...GAAWWDD...(antha gajibijeee gandara golanga undii)

When I make this complaint to my family or friends that I am facing difficulty finding words and building the topic.....they are just laughing at mee.....making fun of me that I write such long long really loooooong stories and posts in my blog and I am finding difficulty in filling my thesis....For a minute even I thought that was true....I try very hard to keep my posts short (many people already complained about my long posts)..... but the flow of thoughts is never ending here.....and its exactly the opposite with my thesis.....its difficult and I dont know how to write elaborately :(:(
I am very popular in my aquaintances about talking endlessly, writing big mails, big posts, narrating never ending stories (2 gantala cinemani 4 gantalu cheppagala ghanatha naake dakkutundi)....its an old habit, I cant keep anything short.....but whats happening with my thesis :(:(:( may be this is the difference between informal nonsensical writing and formal senseful scientific writing...I have to confide that I am no good at it...specially introduction part (I wish we have a scientific writer in the group as many of the institutes in the US do... specially for this purpose) Hats off to all those who can make scientific documents easily....(lab lo entha work ayina cheyyochu kaani raayatam baboooi chala kashtam)

See I could fill up all the above 1000s of words in hardly 15min....to write the same amount of introduction will take ages...hmmmm

Have been listening to the songs of Naram Garam and here are some nice lyrics...

"badi aarazu thi ke vo din bhi aaye
tere naam se ham kud ko bulaaye
tere naam se do jahaan mil gae hain
hamein raaston ki ...

hamein raaston ki zaroorath nahi hai"

3 comments:

Satish Bolla said...

ippudu ardham ayyindhaa, blogs raayataaniki burra avasaram ledhani????

Anonymous said...

Oh dear :) Nuvvu nee introduction gurinchi chepthunte naaku anipinchina modati vishayam ento thelsaa..naa careerlo thesis raase badha thappinchukunna ani...Ippatikee naaku office work ki sambandinchina reports rayalante chaala ibbandi padathaanu..inka thesis ante naa valla kaadule asala..inka blog vishayanikosthe enni matalayina alavoka ga dorlipothaayi..it happens with many of us..

Anonymous said...

I hear your agony. Been there myself sometime back and i gave up in middle. There is not a single day i regret for that decision. So hope you kept the ball rolling and completed your thesis. Again kudos to your free flow writing and expressing your thoughts..i had fun reading.